Recipes from our Bed & Breakfast in the Smokies
Here are some of the favorite recipes from our Asheville area bed and breakfast inn for you to cook and enjoy in your own home!
It's finally here! Favorites from our Inn Volume 2!! Get one for $10.99 or both for $20.
Our Cookbook: "Favorites from our Inn"
Just a reminder that we have all of our most popular recipes available in our very own recipe book, "Favorites from our Inn". It can be yours for only $10.99 (plus tax & $4 s/h). Enjoy our gourmet breakfasts right in your own home! There's over 80 recipes, including some of our favorites right from our moms' kitchens. We accept checks and money orders via US mail or you may call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 to order using your credit card.
Carolyn's outrageously good Pistachio Cake is now available to be ordered and shipped directly to your home! Just call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 and we'll ship you out a fresh Pistachio Cake for your whole family, friends or co-workers to enjoy. Topped with pecans and a vanilla glaze, this moist and delicious cake is sure to please even the picky sweet-eater in your family or group of friends. This cake is especially good to serve during busy, holiday seasons. Let us do all the work while you, your family and friends enjoy this sumptuous treat. Order yours today! We accept most credit cards and can usually ship your cakes out by the very next day.
Our Pistachio Cake Loaf serves 8-10 and sells for $10 + tax & shipping/handling.
Sausage Ham Casserole
½ lb. Hot Ground Sausage
6-10 Thin Slices of French Bread
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Cups Milk
2 Teaspoon Mustard
¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 ½ Cup Chopped Ham
1. Place Bread in a 9x13 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Cook Sausage and drain well. Sprinkle over Bread.
3. Sprinkle half of the Cheddar Cheese over Sausage.
4. Whisk together Eggs, Milk, Mustard and Pepper and pour over Cheese.
5. Sprinkle with Chopped Ham and top with remaining Cheese.
6. Cover and Chill Overnight.
Bake Casserole at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. May need to cover during last 20 minutes of cooking time.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray
2 Sticks of Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1. 1. Melt butter in microwave, make sure it does not boil.
2. Add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla. Beat with a mixer until combined.
3. Add Flour, Baking Powder and Salt, mix until well blended.
4. Transfer to prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Mix together 1/8 Cup Sugar and Cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
7. Cool completely before cutting.