Recipes from our Bed & Breakfast in the Smokies
Here are some of the favorite recipes from our Asheville area bed and breakfast inn for you to cook and enjoy in your own home!
Our Cookbook: "Favorites from our Inn"
Just a reminder that we now have all of our most popular recipes available in our new recipe book "Favorites from our Inn". It can be yours for only $10.99 (plus tax & $4 s/h). Enjoy our gourmet breakfasts right in your own home! There's over 80 recipes, including some of our favorites right from our moms' kitchens. We accept checks and money orders via US mail or you may call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 to order using your credit card.
Carolyn's outrageously good Pistachio Cake is now available to be ordered and shipped directly to your home! Just call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 and we'll ship you out a fresh Pistachio Cake for your whole family, friends or co-workers to enjoy. Topped with pecans and a vanilla glaze, this moist and delicious cake is sure to please even the picky sweet-eater in your family or group of friends. This cake is especially good to serve during busy, holiday seasons. Let us do all the work while you, your family and friends enjoy this sumptuous treat. Order yours today! We accept all credit cards and can usually ship your cakes out by the very next day.
Our Pistachio Cake Loaf serves 8-10 and sells for $9.35 + tax & shipping/handling.
Pumpkin/White Chocolate Chip Muffin
½ Cup Sliced Toasted Almonds
1 2/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ Teaspoon Salt
½ Cup Butter, melted
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a small bowl mix Flour, Sugar, Pumpkin Spice, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt.
2. In a larger bowl beat Eggs, add Pumpkin and Butter and whist until well blended
3. Stir in dry ingredients slowly and blend until smooth.
4. Add Almonds and White Chocolate Chips
5. Spoon into lined muffin tins
6. Sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on top
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Makes apx 12 muffins
Cheesy Bacon Casserole
4 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Tablespoon Flour
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Cup Milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Toss Monterey Jack Cheese with Flour, place in the bottom of greased 9 x 13 Baking Dish
2. Top with Cheddar Cheese
3. Sprinkle with Bacon
4. Beat Eggs and Milk and pour over top
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight
6. Remove 30 minutes prior to cooking
7. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes
8. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting
9 x 13 serves 10
9 x 9 serves 6