Recipes from our Bed & Breakfast in the Smokies
Here are some of the favorite recipes from our Asheville area bed and breakfast inn for you to cook and enjoy in your own home!
It's finally here! Favorites from our Inn Volume 2!! Get one for $10.99 or both for $20.
Our Cookbook: "Favorites from our Inn"
Just a reminder that we have all of our most popular recipes available in our very own recipe book, "Favorites from our Inn". It can be yours for only $10.99 (plus tax & $4 s/h). Enjoy our gourmet breakfasts right in your own home! There's over 80 recipes, including some of our favorites right from our moms' kitchens. We accept checks and money orders via US mail or you may call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 to order using your credit card.
Carolyn's outrageously good Pistachio Cake is now available to be ordered and shipped directly to your home! Just call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 and we'll ship you out a fresh Pistachio Cake for your whole family, friends or co-workers to enjoy. Topped with pecans and a vanilla glaze, this moist and delicious cake is sure to please even the picky sweet-eater in your family or group of friends. This cake is especially good to serve during busy, holiday seasons. Let us do all the work while you, your family and friends enjoy this sumptuous treat. Order yours today! We accept most credit cards and can usually ship your cakes out by the very next day.
Our Pistachio Cake Loaf serves 8-10 and sells for $9.35 + tax & shipping/handling.
2 Egg Whites
½ Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Cups Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Grease and lightly flour cookie sheet
3. In medium bowl, beat egg whites until frothy
4. Add sugar, flour, salt and almond extract, blend well
5. Stir in coconut
6. Drop dough by teaspoonful and inch apart onto greased and floured cookie sheet
7. Bake 19-22 minutes or until set and light golden brown
8. Remove from cookie sheet immediately
Makes apx. 20 macaroons
Scrambled Eggs Benedict
1/2 Cup Milk
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
Salt to Taste
2 Tablespoons Butter
Hollandaise Sauce (Pkg. or Jar)
8 Slices of Canadian Bacon
4 English Muffins
1. Beat Eggs, Milk, Pepper and Salt until well blended
2. In a nonstick skillet, melt Butter over Medium heat. Pour Egg mixture into skillet
3. As mixture begins to set on bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portion so uncooked portion can flow to bottom of skillet (avoid constant stirring)
4. Cook 4-5 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and fluffy
5. Heat Hollandaise sauce in microwave or saucepan and keep warm
6. Place Canadian Bacon on microwavable plate and heat on high for 45-60 seconds
7. Place 2 Toasted Muffins halves on each plate, top with Canadian Bacon, put apx. 1/3 cup of eggs on top of Bacon.
8. Spoon apx. 2 Tablespoons of Hollandaise Sauce onto eggs
9. Sprinkle with Paprika and Parsley