Recipes from our Bed & Breakfast in the Smokies
Here are some of the favorite recipes from our Asheville area bed and breakfast inn for you to cook and enjoy in your own home!
It's finally here! Favorites from our Inn Volume 2!! Get one for $10.99 or both for $20.
Our Cookbook: "Favorites from our Inn"
Just a reminder that we have all of our most popular recipes available in our very own recipe book, "Favorites from our Inn". It can be yours for only $10.99 (plus tax & $4 s/h). Enjoy our gourmet breakfasts right in your own home! There's over 80 recipes, including some of our favorites right from our moms' kitchens. We accept checks and money orders via US mail or you may call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 to order using your credit card.
Carolyn's outrageously good Pistachio Cake is now available to be ordered and shipped directly to your home! Just call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 and we'll ship you out a fresh Pistachio Cake for your whole family, friends or co-workers to enjoy. Topped with pecans and a vanilla glaze, this moist and delicious cake is sure to please even the picky sweet-eater in your family or group of friends. This cake is especially good to serve during busy, holiday seasons. Let us do all the work while you, your family and friends enjoy this sumptuous treat. Order yours today! We accept most credit cards and can usually ship your cakes out by the very next day.
Our Pistachio Cake Loaf serves 8-10 and sells for $10 + tax & shipping/handling.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter muffin tins. Makes approximately 12 muffins.
¾ Cup Sugar
1 ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Power
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
¾ Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoon Butter, Melted
½ Cup Sugar and Cinnamon combined, for rolling
1. In a large bowl, beat together Sugar and Egg until light in color.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Nutmeg. Pour into Egg Mixture and stir to combine.
3. Pour Vegetable Oil, Milk and Vanilla and stir to combine.
4. Divide batter into muffin tins about ½ to ¾ full, DO NOT OVER FILL.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
6. While Muffins are still hot lightly brush each one with melted Butter and roll them in Cinnamon Sugar mixture.
7. Serve warm
Buttery Almond Cookies
Makes approximately 30 cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets
1 ¼ Cup Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
10 Tablespoon Butter (softened)
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
¾ Cup Slivered Almonds, finely chopped
1. Combine Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat Butter in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in Sugar until blended, increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in Egg and Vanilla.
5. Add Flour mixture and mix just until blended.
6. Stir in Almonds.
7. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough apx. 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Place 1-2 slivered Almonds on top for presentation.
8. Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack.